The Nissan Datsun Nationals is set to be hosted this year in South Australia for the very first time and will take place over the Easter weekend - 1st April to 4th April. It's an event that only comes around every two years and each time a local club takes on the hosting duties. This year the Nissan Datsun Car Club of SA has hosting duties and has selected the beautiful Serafino Wines located south of Adelaide in the picturesque wine region of Mclaren Vale.
The event will have something for everyone and includes a track day at The Bend Motorsport Park which we are proud to be naming rights sponsors, a show n shine day, a presentation function, a quiz night, a legends dinner featuring Jim Richards, winery tours and a cruise day through the Adelaide Hills.
The event schedule is jam-packed and is as follows:
Thursday 1st April
- 12:00pm - 9:00pm - Registration at Serafino Brisco. Rock up and sign in, collect your ent credentials and goody bag. There will be event merch ready to collect also.
- 4:00pm - 9:00pm - Welcome Party Drinks and Pizza at Serafino Brisco. Meet your fellow enthusiasts and start early with the mind games or the excuses as to why you won't be fast on the track for the Supersprint.
Friday 2nd April
- 8:00am - 10:00am - Registration at Serafino Winery. Rock up and sign in, collect your ent credentials and goody bag. There will be event merch ready to collect also.
- 10:00am - 4:00pm - Birdwood Museum Cruise. Head north towards the Adelaide Hills, cruise some of the Classic Adelaide stages, and meet at Birdwood for a visit to the National Motor Museum. There is also be a sausage sizzle at the grounds.
- 6:00pm - 10:30pm - Datsun vs Nissan Quiz Night at Serafino Winery. Spend a fun night with the team and Quiz Master Brentyn Walefield for a quiz night hosted at Serafino Winery including a buffet dinner.
Saturday 3rd April
- 8:00am - 9:00am - Show and Shine Parking opens
- 10:00am - 5:00pm - Cars on the Grass Show N Shine. Polish up your pride and joy for a show and shine event on the magnificent lawns of Serafino Winery. There will also be a trade and sponsor display and space for you to offload your unwanted treasures or perhaps pick up that missing part. You’ll also be able to leave early for a Southern Vales Cruise. Food trucks and vendors on-site or walk into town for other lunch options.
Southern Observation Cruise and Winery Tour. Don’t want to show n shine? That’s OK, there will be a cruise on today for those with itchy feet taking in the sights of the Southern Vales and some famous Rally Stages.
- 6:00pm - 11:30pm Legends After Dark Dinner hosted at Serafino Winery featuring special guest Jim Richards. This will also feature the presentations for the Show N Shine.
Sunday 4th April
- 7:00am - 8:30am - Registration, documentation, and scrutineering for the MadDat Motorsport Supersprint at the West Circuit at The Bend Motorsport Park, Tailem Bend.
- 9:00am - 4:00pm - Supersprint time. There will also be a cruise event for those not competing with both groups meeting up at The Bend for a photoshoot at the end of the day. Parade laps will be available during the lunch break. Go-karts are also available to hire from 1pm - 2pm for Nationals Participants.
- 5:30pm - late - Canapre and Trophies at The Bend Rydges Pit One Hotel. Think you might be up for a trophy? Then you better come along, hadn’t you.